Rosemary is one of the more underestimated herbs. It flourishes in the garden being easy to grow. Can help encourage healing and improve focus making it one of my favorites when my grandmother was alive in my care.
Uses for rosemary
2. Mix rosemary into the bread before allowing it to rise to make a simple herb bread. This fresh herb will add amazing flavor to the most basic homemade bread. This is a great way to add flavor to pizza dough as well.
3. Make infused oil or butter for cooking. Combine the oil or butter with the rosemary and simmer for a few minutes. When making butter, you should allow it to be warm for 15 minutes before placing it in the refrigerator to solidify again. Two weeks is the minimum amount of time your oil has to sit with the rosemary inside, gathering flavor. When cooking chicken or fish dishes, this method is a great way to add flavor.
4. Rosemary can be used to decorate your home in a very natural way. A scent-filled green shrub that can be used for decorating vases, wreaths, centerpieces, and more.
Medicinal uses for rosemary
5. Rosemary can work wonders for your brain. Researchers have shown rosemary can improve cognitive performance, slow or reverse brain aging, and even improve memory. If you want to enjoy some rosemary tea before or during your study session, you can enjoy it before your test starts. If you have difficulty retaining information or keeping focused, Rosemary may be a very useful herb for you. Rosemary is one of my favorites for then I need to focus while I work.
6. Traditionally, American Indians used rosemary to make herbal hair rinses that made their hair grow thick and beautiful. Make an infusion of rosemary by steeping the herb in simmering water for 3-5 minutes.
I will forever love this herb though I will not lie I do not often use it in my cooking. This magical herb finds its way into my herb garden where it is tended with love and care.
7. You can incorporate rosemary into your diet in order to benefit from its anti-inflammatory attributes. Rosamunde is a great remedy for arthritis and muscle pain. Taking a bath in Epsom salts and rosemary is a wonderful way to let these herbs’ medicinal qualities penetrate your skin to the areas that need it the most.
Uses for rosemary oil
8. Use rosemary essential oil in your lotion to keep your skin soft and healthy. A few drops to a homemade Lavender lotion is the perfect way to add this healing herb into your beauty routine.
9. Make rosemary bath salts. The rosemary bath salt you’ll make after combining 10 drops of rosemary oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil will be perfect for soaking in after a tough day.
10. While rosemary tea is a great addition to your diet to help improve your memory, rosemary essential oil can be just as effective. Try adding rosemary oil to a diffuser necklace or bracelet for your child to wear to school to improve focus, attention, and memory.